24.10.23 | News
B42 – Repair and strengthening of Lahn bridge in Lahnstein, Germany
Due to extensive construction work on the Lahn bridge on the B42, the access route to Zschimmer & Schwarz will be severely restricted from 2 January 2024. The construction work will result in the complete closure of the Lahn bridge in Lahnstein. The construction work is planned by the Landesbetrieb Mobilität Rheinland-Pfalz and is expected to continue throughout the whole of 2024.
A major diversion route will be in place during the construction work:
- Arriving on the B42 from Koblenz: exit onto the B260 towards Bad Ems/Nassau until you reach the roundabout after exiting Holzhausen an der Haide. Then take the first exit onto the B274 towards Nastätten until you reach St. Goarshausen.
- At St. Goarshausen, exit onto the B42/Rheinuferstraße – the restriction on lorries for this section will be lifted for the duration of the construction work – and from there, head north towards Lahnstein.
This will increase the journey time by about 1.5 hours.
“Shortcuts” through surrounding areas and communities must be avoided as there are severe restrictions on heavy-goods vehicles in some cases.
At Zschimmer & Schwarz, we have implemented a number of organisational measures to ensure that processes run smoothly.
- All lorries must be registered in our time slot system www2.cargoclix.com and a binding time slot must be booked for collections or deliveries.
- Time slots can be booked up to 14 days in advance and no later than 36 hours in advance.
- Lorries that have not booked a time slot must expect significant delays and waiting times.
More information on the CargoClix time slot system will be provided in due course.
All information on the planned construction measures as well as the diversion route can be found here.
Head of Corporate Communications
Zschimmer & Schwarz
56112 Lahnstein | DE
T +49 2621 12-201
F +49 2621 12-507