Offering protection against wind and weather, strong and stretchy, skin-friendly and easy-care, ecological, economical and of a high quality – in the areas of hygiene articles, medical products, clothing, home textiles and automotive interiors, people are having the highest demands on modern man-made fibres. The auxiliaries produced by Zschimmer & Schwarz enable you to achieve perfect results in the production and further processing of filament yarns, fibres and nonwovens. Our spin finishes and components are specially adapted to the processes used in the production of man-made fibres and nonwovens, thereby ensuring that they run smoothly. This is quality with every fibre.
If you wish to find out more about our products and services, please contact us – we are more than happy to answer your questions!
Spin finishes are formulations of lubricants, emulsifiers and antistatic agents. After the extrusion of man-made fibres they are applied undiluted or as an emulsion to the fibres or filaments in order to enable a trouble-free manufacturing process.
Zschimmer & Schwarz offers a range of various spin finishes for the production of staple fibres for technical and hygienic nonwovens. Additionally, the field of fibre-fill production, for example for bedding, furniture and warm clothing, is ideally covered, as is the production of short-cut fibres. The extensive product portfolio is rounded off by finishes for subsequent application to fibres.
- Needle Punch:Staple fibres produced from PP (Polypropylene) or PES (Polyester) can be processed into needle punched nonwovens, among other things.
- Hydroentanglement:The water-jet process, also known as hydro entanglement, spunlace or hydro-jet, is a mechanical binding process in which the fibres or filaments are entangled by means of high-pressure water jets instead of, for example, steel needles (as in the case of needle-punched nonwovens).
- Thermobonded:Thermobonded staple fibre nonwovens are frequently used in the hygiene sector, where they are mostly known as the top sheet (uppermost covering layer in a diaper) or as the ADL (acquisition distribution layer inside the diaper).
- Fibre-Fill:During the production of PES fibre-fill, the main focus is on the specific feel and bulk volume.
- Yarn Application:Textile yarns made of PES staple fibres can be used for cotton- and wool-type fabrics, additionally PAN fibres also being frequently used.
- Short-Cut Fibre:Short-cut fibres have a length of just a few millimetres, no crimping and are mainly produced from PP and PES.
- Cigarette Filter Tow:The tow for cigarette filters is manufactured from cellulose acetate (CA) or polypropylene (PP).
- Glass Fibre:Glass fibres are used for the production of yarns and tow, or as short-cut fibres.
- Technical Yarn:Industrial yarns are understood to be all types of yarns that are predominantly used in industrial applications.
- Monofilament and Tape:Monofilaments are produced in various thicknesses – from a few micrometres up to several millimetres.
For the production of textile yarns, the comfort properties of the end product are becoming increasingly important in addition to high production efficiency. In the area of clothing, for example, we are seeing a trend towards finer and finer yarns. This is associated with the need for increasingly high-performance spin finishes.
The products made by Zschimmer & Schwarz already meet all of the requirements today: they guarantee a smooth process during the production of the thread and further processing into a textile fabric and stand out in meeting some customers’ specifications with regard to reduced emissions. Our motto: the future is today.
- POY:Spin Finishes for the production of partially oriented Yarn (POY) are particularly responsible for the subsequent processing into a high quality textured yarn.
- FDY:In addition to the high quality demand during the production of FDY / flat yarns the Spin Finish also enables the further efficient processing into knitted or woven fabrics.
- BCF Carpet Yarn:A large proportion of the textile floor coverings are produced from BCF yarn (Bulked Continuous Filament).
Finishes are used for the treatment of nonwovens – whether spun-bonded or carded nonwovens – mostly made of PP, PES, PE or Bico. In addition to hydrophilic finishes, Zschimmer & Schwarz offers hydrophobing agents for the treatment of carded nonwovens.
The demand for textured yarns is constantly growing. They are used in the clothing industry and in a multitude of other applications.
Our service products help our customers with their process optimisation. Regardless of whether additives or special products for extrusion and further processing are required – we have the right solution for every requirement.
- Antistatic Agents:Antistatic agents are used to reduce electrostatic charges of the fibres and filaments caused by friction.