Please note:

You must use a cookie selection decision to log in.

28.05.20 | Corporate

Zschimmer & Schwarz and Samia pool their resources – Samia remains commercially independent

Follow-up to press release from 20 December 2019

On 19 December 2019, Zschimmer & Schwarz acquired a controlling stake of 60% in Samia S.p.A. The other 40% of the capital remained with the previous stakeholders. Samia continues to be a commercially independent company with exclusive responsibility for its business activities. Additionally, Samia will assume the leading role in the leather finishing business as part of the Zschimmer & Schwarz Group.

Samia, founded in 1976, has its headquarters in Arzignano, Italy. The company is a globally leading producer of pigment pastes, dyes, resins, auxiliaries for water systems and fixing agents for the application in leather finishing.

Zschimmer & Schwarz will develop its finishing business through Samia. Being a legal entity of its own, Samia will continue to respect all contracts with its partners. Nevertheless, Samia and Zschimmer & Schwarz are evaluating common business opportunities to expand global business. Any potential changes arising in this respect will be addressed and approved in advance by Samia in cooperation with the respective partners. All business activities have to be authorised by Samia.

Head of Corporate Communications

Hedwig Blomeier

Zschimmer & Schwarz
Corporate Communications
Max-Schwarz-Strasse 3-5
56112 Lahnstein | DE

T +49 2621 12-201
F +49 2621 12-507